March 20, 2013

Some What I've Gathered in Fifty Years

*Karma is real. I really am almost sure that it is. The thing about Karma is that is that it happens to everyone at one time or another. Maybe worse things happen to some than others. Maybe those people have done worse things than others. Karma to me is close to the same thing as "Reaping what you have sewn". At times I wonder what I have done in the past to make me pay/suffer at times. I really believe that Karma has come my way more times than one. I just think that before you throw the Karma card at someone, you need to remember that nobody is perfect. The Karma card can be played against you too. *People can tell you anything. Believing them is what you have to decide. Usually when you hear gossip there is a little bit of truth in it. Believing or not believing it is not really we should choose to do; consider that kindness is something that would be better than judging. *As far as music goes, the seventies had the greatest bands; they just don't right 'em like that anymore. I know that Fleetwood Mac is the greatest band ever; Dreams the best song on the Rumors Album. Don Henley was the best vocalist for the Eagles and Joe Walsh's guitar playing cannot be described by mere words. Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel are not just musicians they are poets. I remember where I was the first time I heard 'Play that Funky Music'. I remember what I was doing the first time I heard 'Rock Me Gently'. I can die now because I have seen, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Elton John, in concert. There are songs that have profound lyrics that I make everyone be quiet and listen to a specific line of a song. In the song ‘Turn the Page’; the line is "When the Sweat Drops off your body like the music that you play". In the Paul Simon Slip Sliding away song it is "A good day ain't got any pain and a bad day is when you lay in bed and think of what might have been." The Eagles Dirty Laundry song is "get the widow on the phone." In the song Walking in Memphis it is "Brother are you a Christian, son? Man I am tonight!”

No comments:

Post a Comment